Monday, October 20, 2014

Does technology help our communication in family?


Today, our lives become more comfortable with development of technology. However, I disagree with the idea that technology helps us a better communication in family. Let me talk about why I think so.

First, many elders cannot master how to use technologies effectively. For example, my parents don't use smart phone still now. Moreover, they are not used to using e-mail to tell what they think correctly. For instance, I sometimes feel uncomfortable when I read some mail from my parents. Sometimes my mother misunderstood what I wanted to say in my e-mail and she became angry. This problem rarely occer with my frends, so this idea only apply to the communication with my family. In short, it is difficult for me to communicate with my family by using technologies, especially with my parents.

Second, I should value face-to-face communication with my family. If I always communicate with my family on e-mail or LINE, I think I don’t talk so much with my family at home. It means, I don’t have to talk with my family if I depend too much on e-mail or LINE. Of course, it is useful to use them, but in my case, I can see my family every day, so I should communicate with them face to face. In other words, technology make me drift away from face to face communication.

In conclusion, I don’t think technology make our family relationship better. It is sure that technology is very useful, but I think we should concern about whether the person who we want to communicate with are good at using them or not.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kyoko! How are you? It has been a long time to sit next to you so I am very happy!! Anyways, I enjoyed reading your blog so much. You said it was terrible though. It was not terrible at all so don’t worry. Hahaha… My mother is also not good at using iPhone so she always ask me how to use it. It is kind of annoying to answer her question and demonstrate the way of using it, but our parents don’t get used to it so we should teach them how to use new technology. You had pretty much the same opinions as mine so it was good to read your blog. Thanks!!
    115 words

    ReplyDelete